CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 5 foods - 10 Day You Challenge

Food... really, who doesn't love it? That satisfaction in grants a full belly and the happiness it gives at every meal. There are so many to choose from that Is difficult to settle on just 5. Rather than individually picking 5 foods, I'll take the liberty to choose in large scales and inside this I'll choose one top favorite plate.



1. Korean cuisine has been part of my life ever since I was born because of my moms heritage. One of my favorite plates would have to be Bibimbap. Always reminds me of how fun it is to eat it at home and with my Korean family because it was like: "Okay, let's get everything out of the fridge and mix it with some rice, sesame seed oil, (some red paste, maybe red hot pepper), a fried egg and just dig in everyone!"



2. Puerto Rican cuisine together with Korean cuisine are the basic components of my diet. There is nothing more pleasant than a nice hot plate of home made white rice with red stewed beans, after days of having to eat at fast foods. This makes my mouth water every time I eat it.




3. Desert is a luxury I do not take for granted. Although I do not make this a habit, but whenever rarely possible I would have a nice serving of a creamy snickers cheesecake my sister and brother in law used to make. It has been over a year since I ate this, but it has been by far the best flavor cheesecake I've had. I wish I'd had a picture of it, but this is the closest look alike I could find.



4. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And for me the yummiest of all. I am constantly changing it weekly, always getting tired of everything, but the one meal that I would never ever get tired of and always found it amazingly refreshing and satisfying would be plain yogurt with fresh fruits, pecans and honey.



5. Snacks are what keep me in balance in between meals. There are so many to choose from, but I always try and reach for one that is rich in fiber to keep that hungry at bay. Although my goal is to make my own granola fiber bars, for now I have to settle on this one which tastes similar to ferrero chocolates.

6 comments:

  1. I have a hard time eating breakfast. If I eat to early I get sick. I don't know why. But I love yogurt with fruit and nuts. Love your other choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've probably gone through this whole scenario, but do you eat breakfast or skip it regularly, or eat a late one? Maybe your body is rejecting it because it isn't used to eating early in the morning, but you could slowly build it up. I like to drink a glass of cold water to wake up the system. You could eat your favorite foods in small quantities or try new things within an hour of waking up and hopefully the sickness will fade.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the yogurt and fruit in the morning. I blend mine into a smoothie with vanilla yogurt, frozen blueberries, and chocolate soy - yum, it is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so yummy!! I'll definitively try it out, love love soy milk. I've made smoothies with yogurt, soy milk, fruits, and dried oatmeal. Very yummy and nutritious

      Delete
  3. I love Korean cuisine,too,but I have never had Puerto Rican cuisine.I think I will do something like this on my blog,thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get the chance to try out Puerto Rican food please do so and let me know, you won't regret. Let me know when you go for a challenge!

      Delete