CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Scentsational Soaps Skincare Review




I have recently become obsessed with finding natural hand made soaps. To my surprise, it has been extremely difficult for me to find quality soaps in Puerto Rico, so I began my research online.
 And as I went through dozens of stores  (Lush, Cookiefortune, belle ame, bath and body works, the body shop, and so on), I stumbled upon one called Scentsational Soaps Skincare. Sarah and her son Chad are the owners of this business based in Florida.

Here is the link to her website: http://scentsationalsoapsskincare.com/Default.aspx


What captured my attention the most about them was their extremely affordable prices (compared to Lush) and all of the healing properties on all of their products! They offer a large variate of products such as soap bars, body butters, lotions, scrubs, whipped parfait soaps, even shampoos and much more. They're all natural and have different lines with goat milk, organic glycerin, shea butter, whipped parfait, honey bee, etc.

I must admit that I am very picky when it comes to scents, and I am always hesitant on buying online anything that depends mostly on this, but after watching many positive reviews on this company, and without trying out any samples, I decided to take the plunge and made a big purchase (at least, for me it was big).



They came through extremely fast. It took exactly 5 days to get to Puerto Rico. And before I talk about their products, I have to point out their amazing customer service. I had trouble with my address through PAY PAL, but Sarah handled the situation beautifully and was so kind and extremely generous as to send me 6 free samples and one free regular size soap bar!!

Really lovely person, I am very grateful for her patience and care.

I must say that I have loved every product so far to the point where I have replaced all of my soap bars and shower gels with theirs! Personally, I am not going back to commercial soaps, ever. I fully recommend them, specially for people who have very sensitive skin, and have skin conditions and complications such as eczema, acne, herpes, burns, wounds, dry itchy skin, and much more. 

So I purchased the following products:




  • 1 Royal Jelly soap bar  (4.5 oz.) (fights depression +more!)
  • 1 Long Island Beach House sea salt soap bar  (4.5 oz.) (gently exfoliates the skin!)
  • 1 Eucalyptus soap bar (great for reducing stress!)
  • 1 Peppermint soap bar (So refreshing and great for tired muscles, migraines and much more! I use it in the morning)
  • 1 Chocolate Honey Decadence (4.5 oz.) soap bar (amazing moisturizer + more!)
  • 1 Chocolate Honey Decadence lip balm (this is extremely moisturizing!)
I have tried all of them and overall I have to say that they are AMAZING. 
  • The scents are wonderful and have a large variate from unscented, to frutty, to clean fresh, to floral, to herbal and others.
  • They're moisturizing
  • The Chocolate Honey Decadence soap and lip balm smells like genuine chocolate!!
  • Their line of Goats milk lathers up the most with a very creamy texture
I will definitively be repurchasing very soon the lip balm and the Long Island soap (because will use them the most). The others will hold on for special occasions to relax, get rid of headaches, hot days, itchy days, and so on.



Freebies:


  • French Kiss soap
  • Strawberry Honey soap
  • Midnight Safari soap
  • Lemon Cookie body scrub
  • Lime Margarita body butter
  • Honey soap
  • Propolis soap (full size bar)

My favorite out of these ones and will definitively buy full size are the
  • Strawberry Honey soap, which smells amazing, I can pick up the strawberry scent
  • Body butter, which is extremely moisturizing. The smell is very strong which for me is good because I like that the scent will last me quite a while.
  • Body scrub's scent was the longest that lingered in my skin, out of all the products. Love to use it on my hands, feet and dry areas. 

Go to her website at: http://scentsationalsoapsskincare.com/Default.aspx and see for yourself!

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to check them out. That's awesome they were that nice. I'd rather deal and support people like that than corporations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, I totally agree with you. Big corporations are forgetting about giving out proper customer care and only thinking about the money. Sarah is extremely kind, and as I read on another blog, she began this soap making as a school protect for her son, and really is something that grew out of love.

      Delete
  2. These look wonderful! I'm going to have to check this out. I love natural products. Found you through the blog hop and now following!

    Frances
    hellofrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Frances, thanks so much for the follow!! Will be return the love. And yes, they are of amazing quality, please let me know how it goes for you!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I would love to do a LUSH post like that for you! I will put it on my blog calendar :)

      Delete
    3. Awesome! It'd be so helpful, I'll be looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  3. This is an absolutely beautifully written review!! I LOVE Scentsational Soaps products and I agree with 100% of everything you said!! Sarah's "Honeybee Naturals" line of shampoo and conditioners is also amazing. I love the Lemon the most. It's the best shampoo and conditioner I have ever tried.
    That's so incredibly kind of you to write this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very kind of you to say! I was just unbelievably amazed by Sarah and Chads body products. That honeybee line really does heal the skin, it has helped my mom with her itching, dried skin. They are amazing!!

      Delete