CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 2 Songs - 10 Day You Challenge

Today is music day. When I was a child, I sang through every song in the radio, clueless of what music really was. It was only recent, about a year or two ago, that I began to search for my music soul. And as I pushed myself through today's popular music fest of pop, rock, reggeaton (Puerto Rico), balads, salsa, merengue... I just found myself lost in the loneliness of time, always feeling out of place because I never fitted in with most of today's music. Until suddenly I  found myself in the past. Yes, I fell absolutely in love with the oldies of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. But as I am still a newbie in this world of what I like to call REAL music, the origin of today's, I will choose 1 song from my current oldie love, and choose one from one of the few bands I truely love and admire from today.

The first would have to be "Somebody to love" by Queen


The second song "Somewhere only we know" by Keane



These were my very two first songs of each band that connected with every part of my being that I simply fell in love with their music. I find myself searching back through the past and finding me in these beautiful songs, originally written and sang with the heart.

4 comments:

  1. I love song 2, although it's been awhile since I've heard it :) I'm over hear from the happily ever after project following you :) Please follow back if you'd like. Talk to you soon lovlie<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel!! Thank you so much for following, I'll definitively return the love. Have you heard their new release "Disconnected"? Here is the link in case you'd like to hear it.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUHkPf9D9k&ob=av2e

      Delete
  2. I love Queen's older music :) I'm a oldies girl as well. That's what I grew up on. I don't think they make good music now days like they used to. I think the 90s was the last good music decade....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrisrina, I totally agree with you. Music is not what it used to be. Sometimes I wish I was born way before I did, but then again I would not have had the privilage to "travel through time" and enjoy music from past generations.

      Delete